FREE Case Evaluation
Baltimore City Prostitution Lawyer
A Baltimore city prostitution lawyer might not be the first person you think of calling when you have been arrested on charges of offering, soliciting, or managing sex in exchange for reward. He or she should be, though, because your future depends on having an experienced Baltimore city prostitution lawyer on your side to defend your rights. The state of Maryland does not take sex crimes lightly, and even a misdemeanor conviction will carry serious consequences for every part of your life. You owe it to yourself, your future, and your family to fight the accusations against you and do whatever you can to get them dropped. A Baltimore city prostitution lawyer is the partner you need on your side to do just that.
Maryland Prostitution Definitions
There are several categories of offenses related to prostitution in the state of Maryland. Each has its own penalties, evidence requirements, and defense strategies.
Prostitution. Defined as exchanging sexual acts for hire. The hire is often money, but could also be drugs or favors.
Assignation. Arranging for prostitution to occur. Includes solicitation, which is demanding or encouraging another person to perform sexual acts for hire. Note that a court can find a person guilty of assignation even if he never followed through on an arrangement he made. The act of arranging a meeting for prostitution is itself illegal.
Pandering. Organizing sex for hire.
Human trafficking. Forcing others to engage in prostitution or taking others to a location for the purposes of prostitution.
Without a prostitution lawyer in Baltimore defending you, you could quickly find yourself hit by heavy penalties, whether or not you actually did anything wrong. Many prostitution-related offenses are classified as misdemeanors, but that doesn’t mean that they are unimportant. Pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge will probably set you up for serious penalties (including a possible prison sentence) in the case of a future arrest. Something as simple as going out on a date becomes very complicated when a quick search reveals that you have been convicted of giving or receiving money for sex.
If minors are involved in a prostitution charge, the penalties increase dramatically. For example, certain human trafficking offenses are considered misdemeanors, but if a minor is involved, they are treated as felonies with a possibility of up to 25 years in prison. The services of a Baltimore city prostitution lawyer are even more important for the defendant in cases like this.
Defending Against Prostitution Charges
You may feel as if there is no way out of your legal predicament, but there are numerous tools that your Baltimore city prostitution lawyer can use to fight the claims against you.
- The evidence against you may be incomplete or virtually nonexistent, but it still takes a defense lawyer to assemble proof of your innocence and convince a prosecutor to drop
- Police officers and prosecutors may have treated you unfairly. If your attorney shows that your rights were violated during your arrest, the judge may dismiss your case altogether.
- In conducting sting operations, undercover officers sometimes go too far and convince people to violate the law. This is termed “entrapment” and is grounds for dismissal.
- Even if a prosecutor can prove that you were doing something wrong, the charges against you may be far out of proportion with your actions. If you are guilty of only a minor offense, you should not be convicted of a major felony. Your attorney will work to make sure you do not suffer excessive penalties.
- In the event that a conviction cannot be avoided, your Baltimore city prostitution lawyer’s work is far from done. He will try his best to negotiate with the prosecutor for a sentence that will allow you to get on with your life instead of spending time in prison.
Call a Baltimore City Prostitution Lawyer Today
We are ready to help you fight for your future. Give Kush Arora a call today to set up a free consultation.